Out of stock
There are many types of liver injury, but only one is normally associated with the use of oral androgens – cholestasis. This condition is defined as a failure of normal bile to reach the duodenum, which may be due to a number of different pathological states between the hepatocyte and the ampulla of Vater. When one takes oral androgens (typically methylated at C17a) the physical structure of the hepatocyte is altered — microfilaments and canaliculi become less contractile. Disruptions in the canalicular bile salt export pump may also occur. This leads to impaired bile flow and the retention of highly cytotoxic hydrophobic bile salts. At low concentrations, these retained bile salts cause apoptosis; at higher concentrations, necrosis and severe liver damage.
This is where Aegis comes into the picture. It was designed with users of oral androgens in mind, and brings together the best anti-cholestatic ingredients available.
1. Joana D. Ameral, Ricardo J. S, Viana, Rita M. Ramalho, Clifford J. Steer, and Cecília M. P. Rodrigues (2009), “Thematic Review Series: Bile Acids: Bile acids: regulation of apoptosis by ursodeoxycholic acid”, J. Lipid Res, 50(9) 1721-1734. doi: 10.1194/jlr.R900011-JLR200
2. Trauner and Graziadei (1999), “Review article: mechanisms of action and therapeutic applications of ursodeoxycholic acid in chronic liver diseases”. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther, 13: 979–995. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2036.1999.00596.x
3. Dieter Häussinger, Anna Kordelia Kurz, Matthias Wettstein, Dirk Graf, Stephan Vom Dahl, Freimut Schliess (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis “, Gastroenterology,124(5), 1476-1487
4. Ulrich Beuer (1997), “Effects of Bile Acids on Hepatocellular Signaling and Secretion”, YJBM, 70, 341-346
5. Frank Dombrowski, Bruno Stieger and Ulrich Beuers (2006), “Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inserts the bile salt export pump into canalicular membranes of cholestatic rat liver”, Laboratory Investigation, 86, 166–174. doi:10.1038/labinvest.3700371
6. Häussinger D, Kurz AK, Wettstein M, Graf D, Vom Dahl S, Schliess F (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis”, Gastroenterology, 124(5), 1476-1487
7. Kolde G, Kessler E, Van Husen N, Themann H (1978), “Ultrastructural-morphometric analysis of polyenylphosphatidylcholine [PPC] treated cholestatic rat liver”, Z Gastroenterol, 16(10), 625-639
8. Françoise Chanussot and Liliane Benkoël (2003), “Prevention by dietary (n-6) polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholines of intrahepatic cholestasis induced by cyclosporine A in animals”, Life Science, 73(4), 381–392
9. Gonzales E, Davit-Spraul A, Baussan C, Buffet C, Maurice M, Jacquemin E (2009), “Liver diseases related to MDR3 (ABCB4) gene deficiency”, Front Biosci., 14, 4242-4256
10. Roes EM, Raijmakers MTM, Peters WHM, Steegers EAP. Effects of oral N-acetylcysteine on plasma homocysteine and whole blood glutathione levels in healthy, non-pregnant women. Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 2002 May;40(5):496–8.
11. Dodd S, Dean O, Copolov DL, Malhi GS, Berk M. N-acetylcysteine for antioxidant therapy: pharmacology and clinical utility. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2008 Dec;8(12):1955–62.
12. Arranz L, Fernández C, Rodríguez A, Ribera JM, De la Fuente M. The glutathione precursor N-acetylcysteine improves immune function in postmenopausal women. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2008 Nov 1;45(9):1252–62.
13. Kerksick C, Willoughby D. The Antioxidant Role of Glutathione and N-Acetyl-Cysteine Supplements and Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2005 Dec 9;2(2):38.
14. Brownley KA, Von Holle A, Hamer RM, La Via M, Bulik CM. A double-blind, randomized pilot trial of chromium picolinate for binge eating disorder: Results of the Binge Eating and Chromium (BEACh) Study. J Psychosom Res. 2013 Jul;75(1):36–42.
15. Chen W-Y, Chen C-J, Liao J-W, Mao FC. Chromium attenuates hepatic damage in a rat model of chronic cholestasis. Life Sci. 2009 Apr 24;84(17-18):606–14.
16. Fan W, Liu A, Wang W, Zheng G, Teng A. Hepatoprotective activity of CrPic against alloxan-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012 Nov;149(2):227–33.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Description Cor-Performance Series Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids Supports Cardiovascular Health Supports Brain Function Dietary Supplement Manufactured in a GMP Compliant Facility Certified Sustainable Seafood – MSC Nutrabol Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. Supportive research shows consumption […]Learn More
Slash Fat Without the Added Stimulants!* Tonalin CLA to help convert fat to energy Carnitine Titrate assists metabolism & recovery BioPerine added to support nutrient absorption 4 week supply Result Driven Fat Burner, Without Jitters! Getting shredded just got a whole lot easier thanks to SuperHD Razor! SuperHD when used as a stand-alone product or […]Learn More
Scivation Quake 10.0™ Pre-Workout Watermelon Bubblegum Description The Ultimate Pre-Workout 7 g XTEND® BCAAs 6 g L-Citrulline 3 g Tyrosine 2 g Peak02® 1.5 g Arginine Nitrate NO3T 1 g Capros® – Heart Healthy Superfruit + 4 Additional Ingredients Contains Caffeine Earth-Shattering Pre-Workout Formula Quake 10.0™ is the ultimate pre-workout supplement with 10 power-packed ingredients […]Learn More
COR-WHEY After racking the last weight, unlacing your running shoes or stepping off the playing field, you need protein to refuel tired muscles. COR-Performance Whey serves as an optimal source of protein in dessert-inspired flavors to replenish nutrients post-workout. Every two scoop is packed with 24g of fast-acting protein and digestive enzymes so that you […]Learn More
Super HD Water Description from Cellucor Your Physique in HD SuperHD Water has been specifically formulated to help you achieve (reveal) your best possible physique by removing temporary excess water from your body. The five herbal extract blend includes clinically studied Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense), which is one of the most effective and trusted ingredients for […]Learn More
SuperHD Fire 8 week supply version — Igniting the hottest and longest burning fire takes the right fuel exacted in the right amount and sparked at the right time. The same methodology also applies to choosing a supplement to help you along your weight-loss journey. You need a formula that delivers the right ingredients, in […]Learn More
FAST ABSORBING AND FAST ACTING ENDURANCE AND EXTREME PUMPS* NUTRIENT DELIVERY AND RECOVERY* CAFFEINE AND STIMULANT FREE CARB FREE, CREATINE AND DYE FREE 50 servings per container PUMP!!! When you are in the gym there is no better feeling of achievement than a good pump. A pump is the increase of blood flow to different […]Learn More
These will be shipped as 12 x 3 serving containers- Best by date is 04/18 – checked and tested for quality DELICIOUS TASTING 23 GRAMS OF PROTEIN NO CLUMPS/MIXES EASILY PREMIUM INGREDIENTS 94% SUGAR FREE 6 FORMS OF PROTEIN 23 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER SERVING FUEL YOUR MUSCLES* Your muscles crave quality protein that […]Learn More