There are many types of liver injury, but only one is normally associated with the use of oral androgens – cholestasis. This condition is defined as a failure of normal bile to reach the duodenum, which may be due to a number of different pathological states between the hepatocyte and the ampulla of Vater. When one takes oral androgens (typically methylated at C17a) the physical structure of the hepatocyte is altered — microfilaments and canaliculi become less contractile. Disruptions in the canalicular bile salt export pump may also occur. This leads to impaired bile flow and the retention of highly cytotoxic hydrophobic bile salts. At low concentrations, these retained bile salts cause apoptosis; at higher concentrations, necrosis and severe liver damage.
This is where Aegis comes into the picture. It was designed with users of oral androgens in mind, and brings together the best anti-cholestatic ingredients available.
1. Joana D. Ameral, Ricardo J. S, Viana, Rita M. Ramalho, Clifford J. Steer, and Cecília M. P. Rodrigues (2009), “Thematic Review Series: Bile Acids: Bile acids: regulation of apoptosis by ursodeoxycholic acid”, J. Lipid Res, 50(9) 1721-1734. doi: 10.1194/jlr.R900011-JLR200
2. Trauner and Graziadei (1999), “Review article: mechanisms of action and therapeutic applications of ursodeoxycholic acid in chronic liver diseases”. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther, 13: 979–995. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2036.1999.00596.x
3. Dieter Häussinger, Anna Kordelia Kurz, Matthias Wettstein, Dirk Graf, Stephan Vom Dahl, Freimut Schliess (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis “, Gastroenterology,124(5), 1476-1487
4. Ulrich Beuer (1997), “Effects of Bile Acids on Hepatocellular Signaling and Secretion”, YJBM, 70, 341-346
5. Frank Dombrowski, Bruno Stieger and Ulrich Beuers (2006), “Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inserts the bile salt export pump into canalicular membranes of cholestatic rat liver”, Laboratory Investigation, 86, 166–174. doi:10.1038/labinvest.3700371
6. Häussinger D, Kurz AK, Wettstein M, Graf D, Vom Dahl S, Schliess F (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis”, Gastroenterology, 124(5), 1476-1487
7. Kolde G, Kessler E, Van Husen N, Themann H (1978), “Ultrastructural-morphometric analysis of polyenylphosphatidylcholine [PPC] treated cholestatic rat liver”, Z Gastroenterol, 16(10), 625-639
8. Françoise Chanussot and Liliane Benkoël (2003), “Prevention by dietary (n-6) polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholines of intrahepatic cholestasis induced by cyclosporine A in animals”, Life Science, 73(4), 381–392
9. Gonzales E, Davit-Spraul A, Baussan C, Buffet C, Maurice M, Jacquemin E (2009), “Liver diseases related to MDR3 (ABCB4) gene deficiency”, Front Biosci., 14, 4242-4256
10. Roes EM, Raijmakers MTM, Peters WHM, Steegers EAP. Effects of oral N-acetylcysteine on plasma homocysteine and whole blood glutathione levels in healthy, non-pregnant women. Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 2002 May;40(5):496–8.
11. Dodd S, Dean O, Copolov DL, Malhi GS, Berk M. N-acetylcysteine for antioxidant therapy: pharmacology and clinical utility. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2008 Dec;8(12):1955–62.
12. Arranz L, Fernández C, Rodríguez A, Ribera JM, De la Fuente M. The glutathione precursor N-acetylcysteine improves immune function in postmenopausal women. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2008 Nov 1;45(9):1252–62.
13. Kerksick C, Willoughby D. The Antioxidant Role of Glutathione and N-Acetyl-Cysteine Supplements and Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2005 Dec 9;2(2):38.
14. Brownley KA, Von Holle A, Hamer RM, La Via M, Bulik CM. A double-blind, randomized pilot trial of chromium picolinate for binge eating disorder: Results of the Binge Eating and Chromium (BEACh) Study. J Psychosom Res. 2013 Jul;75(1):36–42.
15. Chen W-Y, Chen C-J, Liao J-W, Mao FC. Chromium attenuates hepatic damage in a rat model of chronic cholestasis. Life Sci. 2009 Apr 24;84(17-18):606–14.
16. Fan W, Liu A, Wang W, Zheng G, Teng A. Hepatoprotective activity of CrPic against alloxan-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012 Nov;149(2):227–33.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Gelatin, Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose.
As a dietary supplement, take three capsules twice daily. Take with meals. Keep refrigerated for optimal shelf-life. Use for a maximum of 8 weeks.
This product is for healthy adults over 18 years of age. Do not exceed recommended dosage. Consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement. Do not use if you have any pre-existing medical condition or are taking any medication without consulting your physician. Store in a cool, dry place away from children.
Best By 03/2018 — Tastes great!! Features *FACT – Healthy ‘N Fit® pioneered and developed the first 100% EGG PROTEIN over 30 years ago. Since then we have been the leader in egg protein technologies. Our product contains 100% egg white proteins and peptide bond amino acids, as well as the natural enzymes Papain and Bromelain. *FACT – Healthy […]Learn More
Pancake Mix. Protein Infused. Baking Flour. 20g protein. No Artificial Preservatives. No Artificial Sweeteners. No Trans Fat. No Added Sugars. DIRECTIONS Panic Pancakes: Whisk 1 serving with 1/4 cup cold water until well blended. Let sit for 3 minutes while griddle warms up. Batter will thicken as it sits. Heat griddle to low heart (290’F) […]Learn More
Best by date 03/2018 Bars have been tested for quality. Works best after removing from wrapper and putting in microwave for 12 seconds. Tastes like a warm fresh baked cookie. Quest Natural Protein Bar Overview Quest Natural Protein Bars are all natural, high fiber, gluten-free, sugar-free, artificial sweetener-free that actually tastes great. This guilt-free […]Learn More
The Ultimate Sidekick For Anyone Who Really Needs Recovery Support With Vita Cherry Support & 1500mg HICA! Who Needs TruRecover? TruRecover is by no means a replacement for Select Protein or Amino IV when it comes to recovery support. It is however, the ultimate sidekick for anyone who really needs recovery support at a high […]Learn More
DETAILS Unflavored Ketone (BHB) Salts. Ketone Elevator. Ketones Are A Superior Energy Source That Is Preferred Over Carbs By Both The Brain And Body. Biologically, Ketones Occur Naturally In The Human Body During Periods Of Fasting, Starvation, Carbohydrate Dehydration And/or Prolonged Exercise. Ketones Provide Benefits Such As Strong Mental Acuity, Exercise Endurance, Metabolic Energy And […]Learn More
Ultra-Concentrated Form of Creatine* Superior Absorption* SNS Creatine HCI can be cost effectively used by those looking for an Ultra-Concentrated form of Creatine that doesn’t require any loading and that does NOT cause the bloating and fluid retention that is normally associated with some other forms of Creatine. Creatine HCI Highlights: – Supports Lean Muscle & […]Learn More
Add this AMINOver My Head Stack and get Free Shipping on your entire order. 1 x Xtend Mango 90 servings (best by 06/2018) regular $57.99 2x ProSupps AminoLinx 30 Servings Cherry Bomb (03/2018) $50.00 2 x ON Amino Energy Single Serv Strawberry Cooler $3.00 each (04/18)= $6.00 2 x BSN Amino-X Watermelon Single Serv $3.00 […]Learn More
BEST BY 04-2018 Energy + Focus + Endurance 175 MG Caffeine from Natural Sources 1.5 Grams of Beta-Alanine 3 Grams of Creapure® Creatine Monohydrate 750 MG of Micronized L-Citrulline Banned Substance Tested Optimum nutrition true strength True Strength is a journey. It never rests, it never quits. It’s about overcoming obstacles, accomplishing goals, and recognizing […]Learn More
Best by 04/2018 Description 22G of Protein to Feed your Muscles. 100% Pure Whey Protein. 3G Glutamine Per Scoop. 6G of BCAAs. Mixes Instantly. Dietary whey protein not only provides the essential building blocks for your bodys intricate processes such as supporting red blood cell production and maintaining the structure of your hair, skin, and […]Learn More
Best by (04/2018) Muscle Milk Collegiate Overview You don’t have to be a college student to use Muscle Milk Collegiate – this meal replacement is great for any busy adult who trains hard and is looking to pack on or preserve lean body mass. Like the name suggests, the protein in Muscle Milk is formulated […]Learn More