There are many types of liver injury, but only one is normally associated with the use of oral androgens – cholestasis. This condition is defined as a failure of normal bile to reach the duodenum, which may be due to a number of different pathological states between the hepatocyte and the ampulla of Vater. When one takes oral androgens (typically methylated at C17a) the physical structure of the hepatocyte is altered — microfilaments and canaliculi become less contractile. Disruptions in the canalicular bile salt export pump may also occur. This leads to impaired bile flow and the retention of highly cytotoxic hydrophobic bile salts. At low concentrations, these retained bile salts cause apoptosis; at higher concentrations, necrosis and severe liver damage.
This is where Aegis comes into the picture. It was designed with users of oral androgens in mind, and brings together the best anti-cholestatic ingredients available.
1. Joana D. Ameral, Ricardo J. S, Viana, Rita M. Ramalho, Clifford J. Steer, and Cecília M. P. Rodrigues (2009), “Thematic Review Series: Bile Acids: Bile acids: regulation of apoptosis by ursodeoxycholic acid”, J. Lipid Res, 50(9) 1721-1734. doi: 10.1194/jlr.R900011-JLR200
2. Trauner and Graziadei (1999), “Review article: mechanisms of action and therapeutic applications of ursodeoxycholic acid in chronic liver diseases”. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther, 13: 979–995. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2036.1999.00596.x
3. Dieter Häussinger, Anna Kordelia Kurz, Matthias Wettstein, Dirk Graf, Stephan Vom Dahl, Freimut Schliess (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis “, Gastroenterology,124(5), 1476-1487
4. Ulrich Beuer (1997), “Effects of Bile Acids on Hepatocellular Signaling and Secretion”, YJBM, 70, 341-346
5. Frank Dombrowski, Bruno Stieger and Ulrich Beuers (2006), “Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inserts the bile salt export pump into canalicular membranes of cholestatic rat liver”, Laboratory Investigation, 86, 166–174. doi:10.1038/labinvest.3700371
6. Häussinger D, Kurz AK, Wettstein M, Graf D, Vom Dahl S, Schliess F (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis”, Gastroenterology, 124(5), 1476-1487
7. Kolde G, Kessler E, Van Husen N, Themann H (1978), “Ultrastructural-morphometric analysis of polyenylphosphatidylcholine [PPC] treated cholestatic rat liver”, Z Gastroenterol, 16(10), 625-639
8. Françoise Chanussot and Liliane Benkoël (2003), “Prevention by dietary (n-6) polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholines of intrahepatic cholestasis induced by cyclosporine A in animals”, Life Science, 73(4), 381–392
9. Gonzales E, Davit-Spraul A, Baussan C, Buffet C, Maurice M, Jacquemin E (2009), “Liver diseases related to MDR3 (ABCB4) gene deficiency”, Front Biosci., 14, 4242-4256
10. Roes EM, Raijmakers MTM, Peters WHM, Steegers EAP. Effects of oral N-acetylcysteine on plasma homocysteine and whole blood glutathione levels in healthy, non-pregnant women. Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 2002 May;40(5):496–8.
11. Dodd S, Dean O, Copolov DL, Malhi GS, Berk M. N-acetylcysteine for antioxidant therapy: pharmacology and clinical utility. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2008 Dec;8(12):1955–62.
12. Arranz L, Fernández C, Rodríguez A, Ribera JM, De la Fuente M. The glutathione precursor N-acetylcysteine improves immune function in postmenopausal women. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2008 Nov 1;45(9):1252–62.
13. Kerksick C, Willoughby D. The Antioxidant Role of Glutathione and N-Acetyl-Cysteine Supplements and Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2005 Dec 9;2(2):38.
14. Brownley KA, Von Holle A, Hamer RM, La Via M, Bulik CM. A double-blind, randomized pilot trial of chromium picolinate for binge eating disorder: Results of the Binge Eating and Chromium (BEACh) Study. J Psychosom Res. 2013 Jul;75(1):36–42.
15. Chen W-Y, Chen C-J, Liao J-W, Mao FC. Chromium attenuates hepatic damage in a rat model of chronic cholestasis. Life Sci. 2009 Apr 24;84(17-18):606–14.
16. Fan W, Liu A, Wang W, Zheng G, Teng A. Hepatoprotective activity of CrPic against alloxan-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012 Nov;149(2):227–33.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Gelatin, Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose.
As a dietary supplement, take three capsules twice daily. Take with meals. Keep refrigerated for optimal shelf-life. Use for a maximum of 8 weeks.
This product is for healthy adults over 18 years of age. Do not exceed recommended dosage. Consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement. Do not use if you have any pre-existing medical condition or are taking any medication without consulting your physician. Store in a cool, dry place away from children.
Mental Focus, Clarity, Concentration, Improved Performance, & More* Sugar Free & Great Tasting Focus XT is a state of the art formula that combines precise ratios of active ingredients in order to deliver optimal results. It is a truly unique product that that delivers a wide variety of benefits in terms of mental focus, clarity, […]Learn More
Best by is 10/2017 Builder of Muscle – Put On Size Faster! Feel It Working – Right Now! See results from the very first dose – just one serving of Ultra Reps decreases the buildup of lactic acid for your complete workout, this means you can do more reps and train with greater intensity – pushing through […]Learn More
Xtend RTD (10.99 Value for 4 pack) 20 Serving Whey + 4ct single RTD Xtend (apple or watermelon) Scivation – Xtend RTD Hydration + BCAAs Green Apple – 16.9 oz. Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 bottle Servings Per Container: 1 Amount Per Serving %DV Calories 0 Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%* Sugars 0 g ** […]Learn More
PreWorkout Apple Explosion- COMBO *Focus LMNITRIX *Green Magnitude Focus has everything you need as far as pump,focus and energy. Green Magnitude – Is your Creatine Matrix Together they give you the perfect amount of Beta Alanine, Taurine, and Tyrosine. 1 Scoop of each will be a PreWorkout APPLE EXPLOSION BOTH PRODUCTS FOR ONLY $19.99 Focus Facts […]Learn More
Best by date 11/2017 (Test for quality and freshness) Bars are soft and amazing!! Naturally & artificially flavored pumpkin pie protein bar (2.12 oz). Naturally & artificially flavored pumpkin pie protein bar (2.12 oz). OhYeah! protein blend consisting of whey protein Isolate and milk protein isolate. The bar provides 21g of protein. It […]Learn More
BEST BY DATE – 08/2017 (Tested for Freshness and Quality) THIS ISN’T FOR EVERYBODY. IT’S FOR YOU. WE KNOW YOU WANT TO PUSH YOUR LIMITS. MUSCLE MILK® PRO SERIES 50 GIVES YOU FIFTY GRAMS OF PROTEIN TO HELP FUEL YOUR RECOVERY AND BUILD MUSCLE. MUSCLE MILK. WORKOUT RECOVERY FUEL. GIVE ME STRENGTH. HIGH QUALITY […]Learn More
Best by date 10/2017 True-Mass 1200 Description from BSN TRUE-MASS 1200 is an ultra-premium super mass gainer designed for individuals with high caloric requirements or those who have difficulty adding and maintaining mass. BSN’s signature protein formula is paired with a unique complex carbohydrate blend that includes ground whole oats for a convenient source […]Learn More
12 ct box of Key Lime pie = 24.99 _______________________________________________________ The OhYeah! ONE Difference Early mornings, hectic days, shifting priorities, overcoming obstacles, achieving dreams – all part of our daily routine. When it comes to fueling our bodies with food, convenience and healthy portable nutrition are the dominant factors! OhYeah! One bars were created […]Learn More
Best by date : 8/31/17 THATS RIGHT 90 Servings !!! WOW — What a deal (Tested for Freshness and Quality of powder) Refuel Your Body And Mind! Lmnitrix BCAA helps to improve mental focus, energy and stamina while aiding in the recovery process. Specially formulated for athletes, Lmnitrix BCAA helps to improve body […]Learn More