There are many types of liver injury, but only one is normally associated with the use of oral androgens – cholestasis. This condition is defined as a failure of normal bile to reach the duodenum, which may be due to a number of different pathological states between the hepatocyte and the ampulla of Vater. When one takes oral androgens (typically methylated at C17a) the physical structure of the hepatocyte is altered — microfilaments and canaliculi become less contractile. Disruptions in the canalicular bile salt export pump may also occur. This leads to impaired bile flow and the retention of highly cytotoxic hydrophobic bile salts. At low concentrations, these retained bile salts cause apoptosis; at higher concentrations, necrosis and severe liver damage.
This is where Aegis comes into the picture. It was designed with users of oral androgens in mind, and brings together the best anti-cholestatic ingredients available.
1. Joana D. Ameral, Ricardo J. S, Viana, Rita M. Ramalho, Clifford J. Steer, and Cecília M. P. Rodrigues (2009), “Thematic Review Series: Bile Acids: Bile acids: regulation of apoptosis by ursodeoxycholic acid”, J. Lipid Res, 50(9) 1721-1734. doi: 10.1194/jlr.R900011-JLR200
2. Trauner and Graziadei (1999), “Review article: mechanisms of action and therapeutic applications of ursodeoxycholic acid in chronic liver diseases”. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther, 13: 979–995. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2036.1999.00596.x
3. Dieter Häussinger, Anna Kordelia Kurz, Matthias Wettstein, Dirk Graf, Stephan Vom Dahl, Freimut Schliess (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis “, Gastroenterology,124(5), 1476-1487
4. Ulrich Beuer (1997), “Effects of Bile Acids on Hepatocellular Signaling and Secretion”, YJBM, 70, 341-346
5. Frank Dombrowski, Bruno Stieger and Ulrich Beuers (2006), “Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inserts the bile salt export pump into canalicular membranes of cholestatic rat liver”, Laboratory Investigation, 86, 166–174. doi:10.1038/labinvest.3700371
6. Häussinger D, Kurz AK, Wettstein M, Graf D, Vom Dahl S, Schliess F (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis”, Gastroenterology, 124(5), 1476-1487
7. Kolde G, Kessler E, Van Husen N, Themann H (1978), “Ultrastructural-morphometric analysis of polyenylphosphatidylcholine [PPC] treated cholestatic rat liver”, Z Gastroenterol, 16(10), 625-639
8. Françoise Chanussot and Liliane Benkoël (2003), “Prevention by dietary (n-6) polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholines of intrahepatic cholestasis induced by cyclosporine A in animals”, Life Science, 73(4), 381–392
9. Gonzales E, Davit-Spraul A, Baussan C, Buffet C, Maurice M, Jacquemin E (2009), “Liver diseases related to MDR3 (ABCB4) gene deficiency”, Front Biosci., 14, 4242-4256
10. Roes EM, Raijmakers MTM, Peters WHM, Steegers EAP. Effects of oral N-acetylcysteine on plasma homocysteine and whole blood glutathione levels in healthy, non-pregnant women. Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 2002 May;40(5):496–8.
11. Dodd S, Dean O, Copolov DL, Malhi GS, Berk M. N-acetylcysteine for antioxidant therapy: pharmacology and clinical utility. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2008 Dec;8(12):1955–62.
12. Arranz L, Fernández C, Rodríguez A, Ribera JM, De la Fuente M. The glutathione precursor N-acetylcysteine improves immune function in postmenopausal women. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2008 Nov 1;45(9):1252–62.
13. Kerksick C, Willoughby D. The Antioxidant Role of Glutathione and N-Acetyl-Cysteine Supplements and Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2005 Dec 9;2(2):38.
14. Brownley KA, Von Holle A, Hamer RM, La Via M, Bulik CM. A double-blind, randomized pilot trial of chromium picolinate for binge eating disorder: Results of the Binge Eating and Chromium (BEACh) Study. J Psychosom Res. 2013 Jul;75(1):36–42.
15. Chen W-Y, Chen C-J, Liao J-W, Mao FC. Chromium attenuates hepatic damage in a rat model of chronic cholestasis. Life Sci. 2009 Apr 24;84(17-18):606–14.
16. Fan W, Liu A, Wang W, Zheng G, Teng A. Hepatoprotective activity of CrPic against alloxan-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012 Nov;149(2):227–33.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
2 x Nitrotech 2lb Decadent Brownie Cheesecake (06/19) Ronnie Coleman- King Whey 12 ct Brownie (03/19) Lenny and Larry -12ct Chocolate Chip cookies (10/18) ON- Cake Bites 12 ct Chocolate Mint (10/18) Muscle Pharm – Combat XL Chocolate Fudge (11/18) Think Thin – Protein + Superfruit – Chocolate Pomagrante Cherry 12ct (01/19) Labrada – Lean […]Learn More
This is one of the best deal bundles we have ever done. Take advantage 100 servings of Vanilla MRP 60 Servings of Keto Creamer 60 Servings of Keto BHB 100 Keto Strips 2x Ketologic Vanilla 20 servings Tubs (11/18) MRP – 170 calories, 13g fat, 2g net carbs 60 ketologic Vanilla 1 serving packets (11/18) […]Learn More
Come with a 5lb Spartan Whey Vanilla 67 Serving (regular price $64.99) ProSupps – My Bar – Salted caramel crunch 12ct (01/19) ON – Cake Bites – Choc Mint 12ct (10/18) Controlled Labs- 20 Servings of White Rapids (2020) FinaFlex- Active Multi 120 cap (2020) SNS DAA powder 100g (2020) Primaforce – 1000g Creatine […]Learn More
*Best by dates beside item — all products check for quality and freshness. Comes with a 5lb jug of Spartan Whey Vanilla #1 Rated protein in the Industry ($64.99 regular price) (Best by 2020) Labrada Lean Body 12ct * Fudge Brownie (01/19) Pro Supps 12ct MY BAR Confetti Cake (03/19) Controlled Labs- Vitmore […]Learn More
Orange OxiMega Fish Oil Description from Controlled Labs Enteric Coated Fish Oil. Dietary Supplement. Supplement Facts Serving Size: 2 softgels Servings Per Container: 60 Ingredient Amount % Daily Value** Calories 18 Calories from fat 18 Total Fat 2g 3 Saturated Fat 0g 0 Monounsaturated Fat 0g 0 Polyunsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 4mg 1 Vitamin E 20IU […]Learn More
Tested for Purity and Potency Helps Increase Fat Metabolism Helps Improve Muscle Gains Helps Speed-Up Recovery Times Ingredients NUTRITION FACTS Serving Size 1 Scoop Servings Per Container 325 Amount Per Serving % DV L-Carnitine (as L-Carnitine L-Tartrate) 1000 mg ** ** Daily Value (DV) not established. This product was produced in a facility that […]Learn More
30 servings 100mg 19 Nor DHEA per serving (1ml) Transdermal Delivery System provided by Iron LegionLearn More
VEDIUS – INDUSTRY LEADING TRANSDERMAL LAXOGENIN PRODUCT THE ROMANS BELIEVED VĒDIUS TO BE ONE OF THE FIRST OF THE GODS TO BE BORN: THE GOD OF HEALING DIRECTIONS: Use the dropper to apply 1-2 mL topically. Ideal application sites include the chest, shoulders, and neck. CONTAINS : Isopropanol, propylene glycol, benzyl alcohol, cis-9-octadecanoic acid, 5a hydroxy laxogenin, […]Learn More
Salvo by Iron Legion Ever feel like the products on the market are lacking some SERIOUS power? Do you often say, ”i wish i could design my own stack” Well, now you can! The newest product from Iron Legion gives you the opportunity to become a chemist and design your own topical solutions. […]Learn More