There are many types of liver injury, but only one is normally associated with the use of oral androgens – cholestasis. This condition is defined as a failure of normal bile to reach the duodenum, which may be due to a number of different pathological states between the hepatocyte and the ampulla of Vater. When one takes oral androgens (typically methylated at C17a) the physical structure of the hepatocyte is altered — microfilaments and canaliculi become less contractile. Disruptions in the canalicular bile salt export pump may also occur. This leads to impaired bile flow and the retention of highly cytotoxic hydrophobic bile salts. At low concentrations, these retained bile salts cause apoptosis; at higher concentrations, necrosis and severe liver damage.
This is where Aegis comes into the picture. It was designed with users of oral androgens in mind, and brings together the best anti-cholestatic ingredients available.
1. Joana D. Ameral, Ricardo J. S, Viana, Rita M. Ramalho, Clifford J. Steer, and Cecília M. P. Rodrigues (2009), “Thematic Review Series: Bile Acids: Bile acids: regulation of apoptosis by ursodeoxycholic acid”, J. Lipid Res, 50(9) 1721-1734. doi: 10.1194/jlr.R900011-JLR200
2. Trauner and Graziadei (1999), “Review article: mechanisms of action and therapeutic applications of ursodeoxycholic acid in chronic liver diseases”. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther, 13: 979–995. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2036.1999.00596.x
3. Dieter Häussinger, Anna Kordelia Kurz, Matthias Wettstein, Dirk Graf, Stephan Vom Dahl, Freimut Schliess (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis “, Gastroenterology,124(5), 1476-1487
4. Ulrich Beuer (1997), “Effects of Bile Acids on Hepatocellular Signaling and Secretion”, YJBM, 70, 341-346
5. Frank Dombrowski, Bruno Stieger and Ulrich Beuers (2006), “Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inserts the bile salt export pump into canalicular membranes of cholestatic rat liver”, Laboratory Investigation, 86, 166–174. doi:10.1038/labinvest.3700371
6. Häussinger D, Kurz AK, Wettstein M, Graf D, Vom Dahl S, Schliess F (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis”, Gastroenterology, 124(5), 1476-1487
7. Kolde G, Kessler E, Van Husen N, Themann H (1978), “Ultrastructural-morphometric analysis of polyenylphosphatidylcholine [PPC] treated cholestatic rat liver”, Z Gastroenterol, 16(10), 625-639
8. Françoise Chanussot and Liliane Benkoël (2003), “Prevention by dietary (n-6) polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholines of intrahepatic cholestasis induced by cyclosporine A in animals”, Life Science, 73(4), 381–392
9. Gonzales E, Davit-Spraul A, Baussan C, Buffet C, Maurice M, Jacquemin E (2009), “Liver diseases related to MDR3 (ABCB4) gene deficiency”, Front Biosci., 14, 4242-4256
10. Roes EM, Raijmakers MTM, Peters WHM, Steegers EAP. Effects of oral N-acetylcysteine on plasma homocysteine and whole blood glutathione levels in healthy, non-pregnant women. Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 2002 May;40(5):496–8.
11. Dodd S, Dean O, Copolov DL, Malhi GS, Berk M. N-acetylcysteine for antioxidant therapy: pharmacology and clinical utility. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2008 Dec;8(12):1955–62.
12. Arranz L, Fernández C, Rodríguez A, Ribera JM, De la Fuente M. The glutathione precursor N-acetylcysteine improves immune function in postmenopausal women. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2008 Nov 1;45(9):1252–62.
13. Kerksick C, Willoughby D. The Antioxidant Role of Glutathione and N-Acetyl-Cysteine Supplements and Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2005 Dec 9;2(2):38.
14. Brownley KA, Von Holle A, Hamer RM, La Via M, Bulik CM. A double-blind, randomized pilot trial of chromium picolinate for binge eating disorder: Results of the Binge Eating and Chromium (BEACh) Study. J Psychosom Res. 2013 Jul;75(1):36–42.
15. Chen W-Y, Chen C-J, Liao J-W, Mao FC. Chromium attenuates hepatic damage in a rat model of chronic cholestasis. Life Sci. 2009 Apr 24;84(17-18):606–14.
16. Fan W, Liu A, Wang W, Zheng G, Teng A. Hepatoprotective activity of CrPic against alloxan-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012 Nov;149(2):227–33.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Gelatin, Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose.
As a dietary supplement, take three capsules twice daily. Take with meals. Keep refrigerated for optimal shelf-life. Use for a maximum of 8 weeks.
This product is for healthy adults over 18 years of age. Do not exceed recommended dosage. Consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement. Do not use if you have any pre-existing medical condition or are taking any medication without consulting your physician. Store in a cool, dry place away from children.
Performax Nootropimax: Cutting Edge Cognitive Enhancer FOCUS. In athletics, the difference between winners and losers may come down to one play or one moment, and the victor is the one with that extra something that pushes them through to the finish line. That is where focus comes in – any lapse in attention is a […]Learn More
https://youtu.be/ebNSEvokR08 What is StimRush? Pre-workout supplements are a dime a dozen these days; many companies egregiously label-dress their pre-workout products with bunk ingredients in minute doses. StimRush is taking a different path to change the pre-workout category for the better. StimRush is a premium clinically-dosed, research-backed pre-workout supplement for serious athletes and gym goers alike. […]Learn More
What is COMPEL? If you are an athlete, a business professional, a student, a gym rat, or someone simply looking to optimize mental function, COMPEL can help you seize the day, every day. COMPEL is the ultimate nootropic formula and won’t cause dependency or withdrawals. COMPEL contains proven non-stimulant ingredients to help: Optimize Neurotransmitter Function […]Learn More
What is CONTROL? CONTROL is a premium fat-burning supplement, formulated with efficacious, research-backed ingredients in optimal quantities. In tandem with a healthy diet and training regimen, CONTROL’s ingredients work synergistically to help you carve your physique and conquer your workouts! No more feelings of lethargy and weakness when you’re pushing yourself on a fat-loss plan. […]Learn More
What is CONVERT? CONVERT is a science-based, proprietary-blend free estrogen management supplement to help you optimize sex hormone balance. CONVERT features ingredients validated in clinical research studies to reduce estrogen levels naturally & safely. Not only that, CONVERT also helps boost natural testosterone levels. It is a quintessential all-in-one hormone optimizer to help you get […]Learn More
What is COMMAND? Command is the a scientifically-dosed, proprietary-blend free, premium testosterone booster that doesn’t shut down your endogenous hormone production. The ingredients in COMMAND are backed by clinical research studies as natural testosterone boosters that are safe and effective. Not only that, COMMAND also helps control stress/cortisol levels to maximize muscle growth and minimize […]Learn More
What is Brawn? Brawn is a natural muscle builder containing 5a-hydroxy laxogenin at 100mg per capsule. Research has demonstrated that 5a-hydroxy laxogenin increases protein synthesis by over 200%, which has significant positive ramifications for building muscle mass.2 Muscle protein synthesis, in a nutshell, is the physiological process that creates protein from amino acids. Since muscles […]Learn More
Super Collagen Powder (Type 1&3) Description from Neocell COLLAGEN (collagen hydrolysate) is a complex structural protein that maintains strength and flexibility of skin, ligaments, bones, joints, muscles, tendons, gums, teeth, eyes, blood vessels, nails, and hair. SUPER COLLAGEN TYPE I & III is 100% pure collagen protein that provides building materials for growth and maintenance […]Learn More
SHILAJIT EXTRACT 100MG DIM 200MG TRIBULUS 500MG RESEARCHED INGREDIENTS FOR MORE PERFORMANCE. Testrol Gold ES is GAT’s advanced men’s testosterone booster. This scientifically dosed formula naturally supports male performance, endurance, strength and testosterone, with the added benefit of hormone regulators.* Contains DIM, short for 3,3’– Diindolylmethane, a compound from indole-3-carbinol (I3C), a phytonutrient that offers […]Learn More
INVIGOR8 – First Complete Meal Replacement Shake Made With Only Natural Ingredients Accelerate how quickly you reach your weight-management, performance and well being goals with INVIGOR8™ complete 8-Complex formula. Reduce Body Fat and Control Hunger – Only 170 Calories/serving Build Lean Muscle – Boost Immunity – Improve Brain Function – Promote Healthy Digestion 100% […]Learn More