Out of stock
There are many types of liver injury, but only one is normally associated with the use of oral androgens – cholestasis. This condition is defined as a failure of normal bile to reach the duodenum, which may be due to a number of different pathological states between the hepatocyte and the ampulla of Vater. When one takes oral androgens (typically methylated at C17a) the physical structure of the hepatocyte is altered — microfilaments and canaliculi become less contractile. Disruptions in the canalicular bile salt export pump may also occur. This leads to impaired bile flow and the retention of highly cytotoxic hydrophobic bile salts. At low concentrations, these retained bile salts cause apoptosis; at higher concentrations, necrosis and severe liver damage.
This is where Aegis comes into the picture. It was designed with users of oral androgens in mind, and brings together the best anti-cholestatic ingredients available.
1. Joana D. Ameral, Ricardo J. S, Viana, Rita M. Ramalho, Clifford J. Steer, and Cecília M. P. Rodrigues (2009), “Thematic Review Series: Bile Acids: Bile acids: regulation of apoptosis by ursodeoxycholic acid”, J. Lipid Res, 50(9) 1721-1734. doi: 10.1194/jlr.R900011-JLR200
2. Trauner and Graziadei (1999), “Review article: mechanisms of action and therapeutic applications of ursodeoxycholic acid in chronic liver diseases”. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther, 13: 979–995. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2036.1999.00596.x
3. Dieter Häussinger, Anna Kordelia Kurz, Matthias Wettstein, Dirk Graf, Stephan Vom Dahl, Freimut Schliess (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis “, Gastroenterology,124(5), 1476-1487
4. Ulrich Beuer (1997), “Effects of Bile Acids on Hepatocellular Signaling and Secretion”, YJBM, 70, 341-346
5. Frank Dombrowski, Bruno Stieger and Ulrich Beuers (2006), “Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inserts the bile salt export pump into canalicular membranes of cholestatic rat liver”, Laboratory Investigation, 86, 166–174. doi:10.1038/labinvest.3700371
6. Häussinger D, Kurz AK, Wettstein M, Graf D, Vom Dahl S, Schliess F (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis”, Gastroenterology, 124(5), 1476-1487
7. Kolde G, Kessler E, Van Husen N, Themann H (1978), “Ultrastructural-morphometric analysis of polyenylphosphatidylcholine [PPC] treated cholestatic rat liver”, Z Gastroenterol, 16(10), 625-639
8. Françoise Chanussot and Liliane Benkoël (2003), “Prevention by dietary (n-6) polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholines of intrahepatic cholestasis induced by cyclosporine A in animals”, Life Science, 73(4), 381–392
9. Gonzales E, Davit-Spraul A, Baussan C, Buffet C, Maurice M, Jacquemin E (2009), “Liver diseases related to MDR3 (ABCB4) gene deficiency”, Front Biosci., 14, 4242-4256
10. Roes EM, Raijmakers MTM, Peters WHM, Steegers EAP. Effects of oral N-acetylcysteine on plasma homocysteine and whole blood glutathione levels in healthy, non-pregnant women. Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 2002 May;40(5):496–8.
11. Dodd S, Dean O, Copolov DL, Malhi GS, Berk M. N-acetylcysteine for antioxidant therapy: pharmacology and clinical utility. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2008 Dec;8(12):1955–62.
12. Arranz L, Fernández C, Rodríguez A, Ribera JM, De la Fuente M. The glutathione precursor N-acetylcysteine improves immune function in postmenopausal women. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2008 Nov 1;45(9):1252–62.
13. Kerksick C, Willoughby D. The Antioxidant Role of Glutathione and N-Acetyl-Cysteine Supplements and Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2005 Dec 9;2(2):38.
14. Brownley KA, Von Holle A, Hamer RM, La Via M, Bulik CM. A double-blind, randomized pilot trial of chromium picolinate for binge eating disorder: Results of the Binge Eating and Chromium (BEACh) Study. J Psychosom Res. 2013 Jul;75(1):36–42.
15. Chen W-Y, Chen C-J, Liao J-W, Mao FC. Chromium attenuates hepatic damage in a rat model of chronic cholestasis. Life Sci. 2009 Apr 24;84(17-18):606–14.
16. Fan W, Liu A, Wang W, Zheng G, Teng A. Hepatoprotective activity of CrPic against alloxan-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012 Nov;149(2):227–33.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
SUP3R DHEA by Olympus UK (120mL) ~Effects of SUP3R-DHEA: It is worth highlighting the numerous effects that SUP3R-DHEA has, and how it could be a beneficial addition to a cycle: -Functions as a Test Base -Provides Vitality (For Various Physiological Functions) -Improves Cognitive Abilities [31-32] -Improves Libido/Sex Drive -Improves Sleep Quality -Improves Sense […]Learn More
We are offering one of our best deals that we have ever offered before. Cellucor – Super Fire HD 28 Serving – Best by date 04/19 Super HD Razor (CLA) 112 ct – 05/19 Super Water HD 42 caps – 05/19 Fish oil 90ct 07/19 Quake 20 serving Lemon – BCAA + Pre […]Learn More
PrimaForce® Yohimbine HCl is a supplement known for supporting weight loss and enhancing sexual wellness. Yohimbine is a fat-burning compound that is found in the bark of Yohimbe, an evergreen tree found in parts of Central and Western Africa. It is commonly used to lose fat during periods of short-term fasting. Yohimbine increases adrenaline levels […]Learn More
CISSUS POWDER PrimaForce® Cissus can be an effective weight loss tool. Cissus quadrangularis is a perennial plant that’s closely related to grapes. It’s best known for its fat-burning powers so is commonly used for weight loss in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Other benefits include reduced inflammation, and improved bone and joint health. […]Learn More
**BUY 2 Stacks and get Free Shipping ** 25G Of Protein To Satisfy Protein Needs Any Time Of The Day! Cellucor COR-Performance Whey was created with one goal in mind—to deliver a pure protein that packs more protein, and better flavors, into each and every scoop. COR-Performance Whey features a fast digesting Whey Protein Isolate based […]Learn More
FREE SHIPPING on this stack!! 2 x Quake 40 serving (1 lemon and 1 watermelon)- Best By Date : 03/19 — 2x Cellucor Fish oil 90 serving – BBD : 07/19 2x Cellucor 14 serving Whey (1 PB marshmallow, 1 Whipped Vanilla) – BBD:6/2020 2x Super Fire HD ( 224 caps total – 16 […]Learn More
Boosts Ketones fuels mental performance 12g bhb per serving, 0 carbs, 0 sugars What is Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB)? By definition, beta-hydroxybutyrate or BHB is a type of ketone body that is mostly used as fuel by the brain, heart, and skeletal muscle. Ketone bodies are produced in the liver when there is not enough glucose to […]Learn More
Description Cor-Performance Series Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids Supports Cardiovascular Health Supports Brain Function Dietary Supplement Manufactured in a GMP Compliant Facility Certified Sustainable Seafood – MSC Nutrabol Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. Supportive research shows consumption […]Learn More
Slash Fat Without the Added Stimulants!* Tonalin CLA to help convert fat to energy Carnitine Titrate assists metabolism & recovery BioPerine added to support nutrient absorption 4 week supply Result Driven Fat Burner, Without Jitters! Getting shredded just got a whole lot easier thanks to SuperHD Razor! SuperHD when used as a stand-alone product or […]Learn More