There are many types of liver injury, but only one is normally associated with the use of oral androgens – cholestasis. This condition is defined as a failure of normal bile to reach the duodenum, which may be due to a number of different pathological states between the hepatocyte and the ampulla of Vater. When one takes oral androgens (typically methylated at C17a) the physical structure of the hepatocyte is altered — microfilaments and canaliculi become less contractile. Disruptions in the canalicular bile salt export pump may also occur. This leads to impaired bile flow and the retention of highly cytotoxic hydrophobic bile salts. At low concentrations, these retained bile salts cause apoptosis; at higher concentrations, necrosis and severe liver damage.
This is where Aegis comes into the picture. It was designed with users of oral androgens in mind, and brings together the best anti-cholestatic ingredients available.
1. Joana D. Ameral, Ricardo J. S, Viana, Rita M. Ramalho, Clifford J. Steer, and Cecília M. P. Rodrigues (2009), “Thematic Review Series: Bile Acids: Bile acids: regulation of apoptosis by ursodeoxycholic acid”, J. Lipid Res, 50(9) 1721-1734. doi: 10.1194/jlr.R900011-JLR200
2. Trauner and Graziadei (1999), “Review article: mechanisms of action and therapeutic applications of ursodeoxycholic acid in chronic liver diseases”. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther, 13: 979–995. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2036.1999.00596.x
3. Dieter Häussinger, Anna Kordelia Kurz, Matthias Wettstein, Dirk Graf, Stephan Vom Dahl, Freimut Schliess (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis “, Gastroenterology,124(5), 1476-1487
4. Ulrich Beuer (1997), “Effects of Bile Acids on Hepatocellular Signaling and Secretion”, YJBM, 70, 341-346
5. Frank Dombrowski, Bruno Stieger and Ulrich Beuers (2006), “Tauroursodeoxycholic acid inserts the bile salt export pump into canalicular membranes of cholestatic rat liver”, Laboratory Investigation, 86, 166–174. doi:10.1038/labinvest.3700371
6. Häussinger D, Kurz AK, Wettstein M, Graf D, Vom Dahl S, Schliess F (2003), “Involvement of integrins and Src in tauroursodeoxycholate-induced and swelling-induced choleresis”, Gastroenterology, 124(5), 1476-1487
7. Kolde G, Kessler E, Van Husen N, Themann H (1978), “Ultrastructural-morphometric analysis of polyenylphosphatidylcholine [PPC] treated cholestatic rat liver”, Z Gastroenterol, 16(10), 625-639
8. Françoise Chanussot and Liliane Benkoël (2003), “Prevention by dietary (n-6) polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholines of intrahepatic cholestasis induced by cyclosporine A in animals”, Life Science, 73(4), 381–392
9. Gonzales E, Davit-Spraul A, Baussan C, Buffet C, Maurice M, Jacquemin E (2009), “Liver diseases related to MDR3 (ABCB4) gene deficiency”, Front Biosci., 14, 4242-4256
10. Roes EM, Raijmakers MTM, Peters WHM, Steegers EAP. Effects of oral N-acetylcysteine on plasma homocysteine and whole blood glutathione levels in healthy, non-pregnant women. Clin. Chem. Lab. Med. 2002 May;40(5):496–8.
11. Dodd S, Dean O, Copolov DL, Malhi GS, Berk M. N-acetylcysteine for antioxidant therapy: pharmacology and clinical utility. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2008 Dec;8(12):1955–62.
12. Arranz L, Fernández C, Rodríguez A, Ribera JM, De la Fuente M. The glutathione precursor N-acetylcysteine improves immune function in postmenopausal women. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2008 Nov 1;45(9):1252–62.
13. Kerksick C, Willoughby D. The Antioxidant Role of Glutathione and N-Acetyl-Cysteine Supplements and Exercise-Induced Oxidative Stress. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2005 Dec 9;2(2):38.
14. Brownley KA, Von Holle A, Hamer RM, La Via M, Bulik CM. A double-blind, randomized pilot trial of chromium picolinate for binge eating disorder: Results of the Binge Eating and Chromium (BEACh) Study. J Psychosom Res. 2013 Jul;75(1):36–42.
15. Chen W-Y, Chen C-J, Liao J-W, Mao FC. Chromium attenuates hepatic damage in a rat model of chronic cholestasis. Life Sci. 2009 Apr 24;84(17-18):606–14.
16. Fan W, Liu A, Wang W, Zheng G, Teng A. Hepatoprotective activity of CrPic against alloxan-induced hepatotoxicity in mice. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012 Nov;149(2):227–33.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Gelatin, Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose.
As a dietary supplement, take three capsules twice daily. Take with meals. Keep refrigerated for optimal shelf-life. Use for a maximum of 8 weeks.
This product is for healthy adults over 18 years of age. Do not exceed recommended dosage. Consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement. Do not use if you have any pre-existing medical condition or are taking any medication without consulting your physician. Store in a cool, dry place away from children.
SuperPump 250 By Gaspari Nutrition – Pre Workout What Is SuperPump 250? SuperPump 250 is the Ultimate Pre-Workout Supplement Experience! What Kind Of An Athlete Are You? That’s the question you have to ask yourself when deciding which pre-workout product to use. And what is it you want out of that pre-workout product? Do you […]Learn More
SUP3R-7 by Olympus UK Introducing SUP3R-7 Your Ultimate 7-Keto Guide! Atop Mt. Olympus, the Demi-Gods never sleep. They’re continuously evaluating the latest technology to enhance the efficacy of compounds with poor bioavailability. Today we are excited to announce their latest creation: SUP3R-7 from Olympus Labs! With SUP3R-7, Olympus Labs has taken 7-Keto to the […]Learn More
Mesomorph by APS (Grape) Mesomorph: The Ultimate Preworkout Complex….Unleash Your True Genetic Potential! The KING of pre-workout powders! Mesomorph, the complete pre-workout powder that is the only product on the market to deliver FULL CLINICAL DOSAGE AMOUNTS of its state-of-the-art ingredient! No fillers and no crash! Why is Mesomorph so effective? Mesomorph is the first […]Learn More
Amazing Chocolate Taste 32g of Protein Zero Clumps 6 Different types of Protein Complex Low Sugar / Low Carbs NutraPlanet brings you the new Master Blend protein at an amazing affordable price! Whey Protein Concentrate – ideal for building and repairing muscle Whey Protein Isolate- Super Clean, Fast digesting WPI 90 is high in amino acids, […]Learn More
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (7g) Servings Per Container: 30 Amount Per Serving %DV ISO-Amino Formula 5g L-Leucine (Pharmaceutical Grade, Instantized, Ultra-Soluble) 2,500 mg ** L-Valine (Pharmaceutical Grade, Instantized, Ultra-Soluble) 1,250 mg ** L-Isoleucine (Pharmaceutical Grade, Instantized, Ultra-Soluble) 1,250 mg ** * Daily Value not established Other Ingredients: Silicon Dioxide, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, […]Learn More
SUP3R-SHRED by Olympus UK Serving Size: 2 caps Servings per Container 30 Artemesia Lwayomogi Extract 30mg -Aids in Body Fat Reduction -Increases Stamina -Increases Endurance -Enhances Athletic Performance -Enhances Skeletal Muscle Regeneration -Improves Insulin Resistance -Potentially Reduces Serum Triglycerides Introducing SUP3R-SHRED, where science and shredding meet! We at Olympus UK are proud to present […]Learn More
Claims/Benefits Olympus Labs claims K1ngs Blood will: Recover Natural Testosterone Enhance Libido Improve Sexual Function Promote Muscle Growth Needless to say, these are the usual claims attached to most natural test-boosters/PCT supplements, but does K1ngs Blood live up the reputation Olympus has established? Let’s take a look… K1ngs Blood Ingredients K1ngs Blood contains several herbal […]Learn More
BLOODSHRED – WAR EDITION Olympus Labs has already covered the fat burning category with IGNIT3, a potent and effective supplement that targets 5 fat burning pathways, but it is time for the next innovation in weight loss supplementation.. As perfect as IGNIT3 may seem, it has one shortcoming …it is a capsule supplement. Why […]Learn More